Get Your project off and running! Call WasteWorks at 205-282-9980 today!
Big jobs make big messes. At WasteWorks, we know that removing large amounts of waste from the scene of a major project can be difficult. That’s why industry professionals have relied on roll-off dumpster rental for their construction or demolition projects for years.
If you’re not a contractor or construction worker, you may not be sure about the whole dumpster rental process, how it works, or whether it’s within your budget. We’re here to take you through it and answer all of your dumpster rental questions.
How Do You Rent a Dumpster?
The prospect of renting a roll-off dumpster may seem overwhelming if you’ve never had to consider it. Your head may be flooding with questions like, “How do I get the dumpster to my house?” or “What size dumpster should I rent?” The process is as simple as a phone call.
Once you call WasteWorks, we will ask you a few basic questions about your project and the materials you plan to discard. From there, we will help you figure out what size dumpster is the best fit for your project.
Once you choose your dumpster size, we will schedule your delivery. When the dumpster arrives, you can begin using it whenever you please. When your rental period is over, we will retrieve the dumpster and dispose of the materials safely and responsibly.
What Size Dumpster Do I Need?
The size of the dumpster you need depends on the project you’re working on. The amount of waste material you’ll be producing is the main factor. A big construction project will require a larger dumpster than a small domestic project.
These are the most commonly used dumpster sizes:
- 10 Cubic Yards: Best for small jobs like garages and attics. Use these for smaller loads of waste material.
- 15 Cubic Yards: These are good for drywall, old newspapers and magazines, and household junk.
- 20 Cubic Yards: Use these for larger domestic projects like renovating your kitchen or bathroom. They work well for big yard work jobs, too.
- 30 Cubic Yards: These larger containers work well for roofing projects and home remodeling.
- 40 Cubic Yards: These are the largest roll-off dumpsters. They are perfect for big construction, remodeling, and demolition jobs.
How Much Does Dumpster Rental Cost?
There’s no fixed rate for dumpster rental because each project is unique. We consider project location, waste materials, and dumpster size before finalizing your payment and delivery terms. Some of the main factors in roll-off dumpster rental pricing are:
- Size and number of dumpsters: The number of containers you need during your rental period will affect your rental cost.
- Dumpster rental period: The longer you need the dumpster, the more it will cost to rent. If you go past your rental period but still need the dumpster, we can establish a daily rate that works for you.
- Location: The cost of fuel required to reach your job site will affect the rental price. Any fees from the landfill closest to your site will also apply.
- Materials: Some facilities require you to separate certain materials, which can be costly. Other materials are just downright expensive to dispose of.
- Weight: The dumpsters can hold a specific weight of materials safely. If you exceed the allowable weight of the container, an additional fee may apply. You may have to rent an additional container.
Is There Anything I Can’t Put in a Rental Dumpster?
Hazardous materials should never go into a roll-off dumpster. Poisonous chemicals, flammable liquids, and other hazardous materials must go to a proper disposal facility. Contact your local waste management office if you have concerns about materials you plan to dispose of.
Some hazardous materials that require more stringent methods of disposal are:
- Medical waste
- Car batteries
- Toxic chemicals
WasteWorks Roll-off Dumpster Rental Service
Your hard work should not have to come with a hassle. When a job gets messy, having something to make clean-up simple is a huge plus.
When your project leaves you with a big mess, WasteWorks is here to whisk it away. Call WasteWorks in Birmingham, AL, at 205-282-9980 for a free quote today!